Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) – Education Preparation Performance Report Data from all Education Preparation Providers across the State of Ohio are collected every year and summarized in both a state and individual institution report.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Annual Reporting Measures
1.) Completer Effectiveness and Impact on P-12 Student Learning
Ohio Teacher Evaluation System (OTES) Results for Ohio Teachers Prepared, Ursuline College, Reporting Period 2017-2020 NOTE: the 2022 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report is not yet available. It will be posted when it is received by Ursuline.
- Description of Data: Ohio's system for evaluating teachers (OTES) provides educators with a detailed view of their performance, with a focus on specific strengths and opportunities for improvement. The system is research-based and designed to be transparent, fair, and adaptable to the specific contexts of Ohio's school districts. Furthermore, it builds on what educators know about the importance of ongoing assessment and feedback as a powerful vehicle to support improved practice. Teacher performance and student academic growth are the two key components of Ohio's evaluation system.
- Limitations of the OTES Data:
- The information in the report is for those individuals receiving their licenses with effective years of years of 2017 through 2020. Refer to p. 2 in the 2021 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report.
- The teacher evaluation data in this report are provided by the Ohio Department of Education.
- Due to Ohio law, results must be masked for institutions with fewer than 10 completers with OTES data
- Since Ursuline has fewer than ten completers with OTES data, there are no data shown on this report. Ursuline is in the process of gathering data from its completers and will display as available.
Ohio Principal Evaluation System (OPES) Results for Ohio Principals Prepared, Ursuline College, Reporting Period 2017, 2018, and 2020. Refer to p. 3 in the 2021 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report. NOTE: the 2022 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report is not yet available. It will be posted when it is received by Ursuline.
- Description of Data: Ohio's system for evaluating principals (Ohio's Principal Evaluation System) provides building leaders with a detailed view of their performance, with a focus on specific strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Ohio law does not allow EPP’s with fewer than ten principals to have value-added data displayed. Only the number (N) is reported on the Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report.
Impact on Student Learning Value Added Data
Ohio's value-added data system provides information on student academic gains. The information reported below is for those individuals reported in 2017-2020 by Ohio's Education Value-Added Assessment System. NOTE: the 2022 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report is not yet available. It will be posted when it is received by Ursuline.
- The value-added data is based on Elementary and Middle School Tests (Grades 4-8) and End of Course Tests for high school credit. Due to the system parameters excluding records with missing demographic data, some records have not been reported. Also, Ursuline graduates who teach in schools that do not report value-added data are not included in the data collection.
- For Value-Added Data for Students Taught by Teachers Prepared by Ohio Educator Preparation Providers at Ursuline College refer to p. 5 in the 2021 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report.
- Demographic Data for Schools in which Ursuline College Graduates who have Value-Added Data
- For Demographic Information for Schools where Ursuline College-Prepared Teachers with Value-Added Data Serve refer to p.6 in the 2021 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report.
2.) Satisfaction of Employers and Stakeholder Involvement
Initial Teacher Licensure Employer Satisfaction Surveys
- To gather information on employer satisfaction with the quality of preparation received by the Ursuline completers teaching in their schools, surveys are being sent to the person most familiar with the completer/teacher. The link provides information on surveys from completers 2016-2020. 2021 data will be posted as received. The survey consists of questions around categories: (1) Foundations of Teaching, (2) Planning, (3) Instruction, (4) Assessment, (5) Technology, (6) Diversity, (7) Motivation and Engagement, (8) Professionalism and Ethical Behavior and (9) Reflective Practice. Click here for results.
Principal Teacher Licensure Employer Satisfaction Surveys
- To gather information on employer satisfaction with the quality of preparation provided by Ursuline for the completers who are principals in their schools, surveys were sent to the mentor principal. Click here for results.
3.) Candidate Competency at Completion
NOTE: the 2022 data are not yet available. They will be posted when available.
Undergraduate & MAP Candidate Graduation Rates
Educational Administration Graduation Rates
Grade Point Averages (GPAs) of Completers
Ability of Completers to Meet Licensing Pass Rates
Ohio Assessment for Educators (OAE) Data
- For Ursuline College pass rates, please refer to page 5 of the 2021 Ohio Educator Preparation Performance Report. (Please note: The Institutional OAE information is only provided if there are more than ten completers who have taken the single assessment referenced.)
OAE Subject Assessment Pass Rates by Licensure Areas and Year
4.) Ability of Completers to be Hired in the Area of Licensure
- According to the U.S. Department of Education, the teacher shortage areas for 2022-2023 for the State of Ohio in areas of licensure offered by Ursuline College Education Unit are: Art, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Special Education.
Employment Status of 2017-2020 Ursuline College Completers
Placement Opportunities in Ohio
Educational Service Center of Northeast Ohio
Educational Service Center of Summit County
Diocese of Cleveland
Diocese of Youngstown
Ohio Department of Education's Job Search Webpage
Ursuline College Education Program Accreditation
Ursuline's Education unit was accredited on April 26, 2021 by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). See the list of accredited programs.